05 August 2010

Inspired by...Fireworks...winner!

“You are born an artist or you are not. And you stay an artist, dear, even if your voice is less of a fireworks. The artist is always there.”
~Maria Callas


Sorry I am so lax in posting this. I got back from my trip to Houston late, late {or is it early, early} at 3:30 am on Wednesday. Still not quite recovered. But this artist is still here.

I realized today that I have yet to pick a winner for the Inspired by...Fireworks challenge for July. I didn't do a good job of publicizing this, but there were still three people who managed some inspiration.

The winner of the sparkly goodie package is Stefanies Sammelsurium. Rings are all the rage right now. Lorelei just did a great round up of rings. Nancy Schindler and Gaea Cannaday are making some awesome ones. Stefanie's ring with fabric and rivets and her very own glass bead is a winner in more ways than one! I know that Stefanie is from a land far, far away from me, but she is the winner nonetheless and I will be delighted to mail her package of crystal loveliness to her. Email me your address, Stefanie!


Check out her beautiful work at her blog .

I have been contemplating the continuation of the Inspired by... monthly challenges. I am for sure taking a break for August. Perhaps it is just timing, or maybe my expectations are just too high. I love the creative meanderings that I have seen entered, but I had hoped to inspire more. If you are one who has entered faithfully, I hope you don't feel slighted. Maybe I am the one that just needs a break.

So, I am asking for more feedback...totally voluntary, but will help me focus for the future.

Do you enjoy the Inspired by... challenges?

Would you like me to continue offering them? or is it just a distraction?

Are there themes that you would like to explore?

Do you like limiting it to just jewelry or would you like to see more diversity in items allowed?

There is no requirement to use art beads, just something I like to do. Would you like to see that option continued?

Have I inspired you in some other way?

Thanks for stopping by for a visit. Like everyone, I love comments and will try hard to respond, if you have your email turned on in your profile. You are the reason that I do this, so I want to be sure that I am hitting the mark.

Enjoy the day!

23 comments:

Nicki said...

I love those challenges, but I have never entered something. I think my major excuse is my baby and the small amount of time I have left for jewelry making. When I start to come up with an idea, the month is already over. I like the setup of your challenges, and they are not a distraction at all. I would like to see them limited to jewelry though. And what inspires me in your blog? Your excellent high end jewelry you make. And your nice posts. Please keep going - I promise I will try to enter something in the months to come.

Silver Parrot said...

I think the challenges are great! I haven't been able to play in as many as I would have liked due to other commitments, but I hope you will keep offering them. Maybe do every other month instead of monthly? Or 4 times a year.

Dawn Doucette said...

What a great ring! In seeing the photo, to me it also could be inspired by Mardi Gras! I love seeing fun, unique designs! Thanks so much for sharing!

{Hugs!}
Dawn

Rebecca said...

Hi there,

I have never entered one as I am a pretty new blog reader but I think they look great and if you do continue them, I'll be sure to enter! I love these things that encourage blog interaction, it's my favourite aspect of blogging. HOpe you feel refreshed having a break!

Rebecca said...

PS Stephanie's ring is STUNNING!!

Alexandra said...

lovely!!

Your blog is lovely, and your jewelry is so very unique.

I love it all here. My problem/dilemma/situation is not enough hours in the day.

Lorelei Eurto said...

Thanks for the mention!!
I would love for you to continue...and I wish I had more time so I could play along!

Unknown said...

I love your blog and you should continue on this path! I left you something on my blog to prove it!

Hugs and Thank yous!

Alesha said...

congrats, Stefanie!!! her stuff is so fab! :) I'm a new reader, so I haven't experienced your "inspiration" post, yet. If you choose to continue it, I look forward to it. :)

Alice said...

I love your Inspired By contests, and would love to see them continue. That being said, I know it's extra work for you, and maybe a little depressing when there aren't many entries. I've only entered once, but would like to keep trying. As someone else mentioned maybe offer them every two months or so.

Congratulations Stephanie--your ring is amazing!

Pearl and Pebble said...

Oh this ring is awesome!!! And don't stop your challenges - I love your challenges:)

Anonymous said...

I love your blog and your "inspired by" contests and hope you will continue them. I've been busy with our big move across country and haven't been able to do anything with my jewelry designs. But I hope to soon.

Congrats to the winner, love her unique designs.

N Valentine Studio said...

First I love your blog, and that ring is really cool! I've just linked up to you so I haven't participated in your challenges yet. But, I hope to! I know they are probably a lot of work but it's nice to have something to push us to get outside our comfort zone!

Unknown said...

Your blog is Always so lovely and
I have always loved to come here
bc of the beauty you portray! I cant
seem to keep up with alot these days
lol but yes I would like to maybe bc
involved with your challenges. You
were in Houston? Hot crowded H town?
This place is a challenge! Id of loved
to of met you. If you come again give
me a holler! It seems that rests are
so needed in the jewellery world as its
so much of a treadmill! Take a nice rest...

Jannie Funster said...

I love coming here Erin because of your inner thirst for beauty. Not being a beading gal myself (but admiring them from afar) I have not participated in a challenge.

But... I love seeing the beauty you show us, both in your work and the work of others you highlight.

And I love your attitude -- your general spirit!

Can completely understand a blogging break, enjoy the rest of the month.

xoxo

EB Bead and Metal Works, LLC said...

I love the idea of the challenges. It is interesting to see what people create for each of the challenges. The last few months I have been pretty lax on checking out blogs, so I know I have missed your challenges, but I would love to participate in them in the future. Left you a small surprise on our site. I hope you have a great and relaxing weekend!

Pretty Things said...

I really don't think I was born an artist, but have crammed myself into artist's clothes.

Off the Beadin' Path said...

I just sold the bracelet I made for the Dr. Seuss challenge and the lady said she sees a lot of jewelry, but seldom sees something she really, really likes! And there's no way I would've made that otherwise. Soooo, yes, those Challenges are a good thing, but from other comments, I would agree it seems a bit much to participate every month. I think your breather was well-timed, not to worry. Summer is just too fun and busy.

Courtney Breul said...

I love your blog and have left an award for you on mine.

http://beadsbybreul.blogspot.com/2010/08/im-so-flattered-amazed-and-stunned.html

jeannie said...

You should continue, but maybe take August off, you deserve it. Summer is not a good time for challenges or contests.

I host contests on my blog and I always take June, July and August off and resume in September.

You inspire us all to a higher standard and I do enjoy them.

I think art beads should be optional and don't limit it to just jewelry. I'm an artist to and diversity would be nice.

stregata said...

I have been loving your "Inspired by" challenges - even though I have not joined in to date. But I would love to and so I would love to see you continue the challenges. They have inspired some very wonderful work so far.

Be~Jeweled by Jana said...

I agree with everyone, please continue the challenges! We may not all enter all the time but we enjoy them!

Klassy Joolz said...

Please keep the Challenges going. I love them because they challenge the designer in all of us.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin