17 February 2011

Fly High on Imagination

"Imagination is the highest kite one can fly."
~Lauren Bacall


When I decided to start making some components, I did it with my own needs in mind. I wanted to create something with a time-worn look, brimming with color and filled with words that are powerful. In short, I wanted to make things that I would want to use in my own creations. Then the idea came to me that maybe there were others out there that would like something to kick-start their creativity. Why not offer them to a larger audience?

Deciding to put them out there by themselves was a bit nerve-wracking, because although I loved them I didn't know if anyone else would. But your comments on my recent post most definitely told me that you appreciated what I was doing.

Little did I know when I put this little project out there that there would be some who would rush right out and buy them. To you, I say thank you. I try to put a hand written note in with each one asking the recipient to share with me what they create so that I can share it with all of you. I was just thrilled that Kristy Abner bought some of my first pendants. She makes some pretty lovely things that have a romantic flair and a contemporary edge. I was so glad that this little robin on a branch with the message to 'fly high' was coming to live with her and knew it was destined to soar.

Kristy says that when she got the package she was immediately inspired to create something. Look what she did with it! The pops of color in those red beads draw me in, and that chain - could it be MissFickle? Swoon! The use of the ribbon makes it adjustable and soft and pretty.

Thank you Kristy for doing me the honor of using my 'simple truths' pendant in your lovely necklace! It is so nice to know that you were inspired. You are my 'something good' today!

Has someone done something for you that touched your heart recently?
Have you ever been so inspired that you had to drop everything to let that inspiration out?
What is a 'something good' in your life today?
Do tell!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh that is so special for you. I know you were nervous but I am thrilled that everyone loves your pieces as much as me. (Ladies don't snap them all up on me! I only have a couple weeks left on my bead diet!)

Jennifer Cameron said...

I am so behind reading blogs and didn't know you were offering these lovely things. Congrats on creating a beautiful product that others want to use in their creations. Nothing is more exciting than being validated like that :o)

Libby Leuchtman said...

Wow I love the necklace. It's so cool that she combined so many different elements. It really gives the piece a lot of pop. Beautiful.

Aidan Donnelley Rowley @ Ivy League Insecurities said...

First of all, I love the imagery of imagination as a high-flying kite. So so true and evocative. And, yes, I have been bowled over by inspiration. I have gotten out of bed in the middle of the night to write because I could not wait... Inspiration is a gorgeous thing. We must not wait for it, but when it comes we must grab it. Just like a kite...

Malin de Koning said...

I love your components. And that is a lovely necklace.

Brandi Hussey said...

I'm so happy that you did this, Erin. The results are amazing and gorgeous! I especially love how aged they look (okay, that sounded a little weird, but it was suppose to be a compliment). Gorgeous, gorgeous!

Kristy's Kreations Jewelry said...

Erin,
Thank you so much for posting this, but even more for making your lovely pendants available to everyone. They are most certainly inspirational. :)
Kristy
www.kristyskreations.com

sharon said...

Something touched my heart today and that was you, thank you for your kindness from the bottom of my heart.
Your components and jewelry are beautiful.

stregata said...

I am so glad that you are receiving the love you deserve for your pieces!

Rebecca said...

They are truly gorgeous Erin - I'm waiting for the perfect one in the perfect colour for me to snag! I wouldn't know where to start with polymer but I'm thinking it might be something I have to investigate at some point in the not too distant future....!

sasha + max studio said...

Hi Erin - love your new components - wanted to ask if you're willing to mail internationally - will understand if you are reluctant as it adds an extra layer of complexity. all the best with the new pieces! Vicki

Unknown said...

Your New components are really
so wonderful..fantastic! And I
am going to buy some so please
keep them coming! They are so
wantable lol!
Jan :-)

My Life Under the Bus said...

So pretty I love the components and the necklace

artybecca said...

I checked out your sold pendants...all very lovely. Absolutely, sell components! The world is full of jewelry makers, both hobbyists and professionals, and they want interesting, unique elements to put into their projects.

Pam said...

I think your work is beautiful! I love the charms and pendents. You are very talented.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin