04 February 2012

Last Day to Sign Up for the Challenge!

Today is the last day to sign up for the Challenge of Music.

Go to Take the Challenge in the menu above to sign up by midnight tonight (CST).

We have participants from around the globe playing and their music tastes are as diverse as they are, which is exactly what I was hoping for! We have heavy metal rockers, ladies singing the blues, indie and alternative, classical and jazz. We have a lot of country music fans as well as electronica dance music. There is a healthy dose of 80s music lovers (it will be a walk down memory lane!), and even some new-to-me music genres like kirtan, which I found out is a call and response sort of chanting performed in Indian devotional services.

Now I don't know exactly what each of the 36 (so far!) participants will choose, but I can tell you that on February 29th we will have one heck of a dance party!

I am delighted that you have had such a great response to my Challenges and this one in particular is so wide open to your interpretation. I am already thinking ahead to the next quarterly challenges in May and August, as well as thinking about how to shake up the 3rd Annual Challenge of Color in November. If this one is well received, I will consider making it an annual as well. And as always, if you have suggestions on how to make the experience better for you, or ideas for future Challenges, feel free to email me.

If you would like to help spread the word and show your participation, please feel free to grab my button and post it on your blog.

Take the Challenge


I searched high and low to find a way to make a blog button with a grab box. I found a lot of tutorials and copied a lot of code and tried in vain to make this work. Then I stumbled on the coolest little thing... a "Grab My Button" Code Generator! Check it out!

Remember that sign-ups end tonight at midnight (CST) so if you know someone who is interested, please send them over and encourage them to Take the Challenge of Music with you!

11 comments:

Malin de Koning said...

Erin,
I just today became aware of this challenge of yours. And I really shouldn't sign up for this. I already have other things in my calendar ... But it almost seems like it is meant to be. I'll tell you all about it on the day. :-) I directly knew which song I would choose, and which kind of jewelry I would make. It will just be a lot of fuuuuuuun!

I find a lot of inspiration in music, but rarely as directly as we are meant to do in this challenge. So this is super nice to be a part of. Thanks!

Alice said...

This is going to be awesome! I'm jumping up and down with exctitement! And for once I have a song picked out, and a general idea of the components I want to use (not that they will actually work out 'cause a lot of times they don't).

I grabbed the code and placed it on my sidebar. Did I tell you I am excited?!?

Lesley said...

I think I got a bit trigger happy on my application so didn't finish it, but never mind! Here's my blog address just in case: www.thegossipinggoddess.blogspot.com

beautifullybrokenme said...

What a wonderful idea - I'm in and can't wait! :)

KayzKreationz said...

I would love to try this, only realized about it today, but I'm in the middle of moving, business trip and a bunch of volunteer work. So I'll pass on this one and anxiously wait to see about your challenges in May and August as well as the next color challenge. Can't wait to see what everyone else does with their music though.

Pretty Things said...

I saw a blog post by someone a while back about how the music they use while making beads dictates how they turned out and said it would make a good blog hop -- and here it is! I wish I could participate but the Bead Soup Blog Party is taking up a lot of time. Wish you were in it!

Aquariart said...

Oh Erin, what a great inspirational challenge, so up my alley. I wish I could participate. I may be working full time in 2 weeks so I have to pass but I will surely come back to see all the entries. Have fun for me!!

Unknown said...

Sharin the music and love with you! I grabbed the button!

Kathleen Lange Klik said...

Looking forward to this challenge! I have selected a song and have some ideas spinning-can't wait to get started! Thanks for the link to creating a button. I have bookmarked it for future reference.

The Cabby Crafter said...

I missed this (big sigh of disappointment). Can't wait to hhop around

JeannieK said...

I feel like I've been away so long. Well Erin this is one unique challenge. I expect nothing less from you. I'm up to my eyeballs with deadlines and obligations so I'll have to sit this one out, but I'll be listening.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin