11 April 2012

Are you more Woodsy or Motley?

"Before God we are equally wise and equally foolish." ~Albert Einstein

{woodsy owls available on Etsy}

Woodsy Owls are the keepers of all knowledge. Their serious faces and signature yellow eyes are alert to all that is going on around them. Woodsy Owls are stately and no-nonsense and bear themselves with a regal stature. They sit in the tree, blending in with their earthy surroundings and keeping watch over all that is happening in the forest. They are serious about their duties and fly on the straight and narrow.

{NEW motley owls available on Etsy}

Motley Owls on the other hand are the practical jokers of the forest. Their party-colored dappled feathers ensure that they are the life of the party. They enjoy playing practical jokes on their more serious cousins, like leaving a fake dead mouse in the ditch or tiptoeing up behind them making a loud noise to scare them off the branch. The signature yellow eyes of the Motley Owls are usually crinkled in mirth with the surpressed laughter they can barely contain. They are the life of the party and quick with a laugh, preferring to be spontaneous and up for any adventure.

Which are you more like? The Woodsy Owl or the Motley Owl?

16 comments:

Tanya said...

Erin, I love how all the eyes on your owls are different. I found myself just staring at the computer screen wondering if the owls were watching me. :) I just love all of them, especially the crinkly eyes. To answer you question, I am a woodsy owl. My mother tells me I was always too serious, even as a child. Maybe I need one of your jokester owls to keep me in check.

Rosanne said...

I have to say the Woodsy Owls are my favorite. Those are the colors I love the best. But those little Motley guys are pretty whimsical!

Pam/Klassy Joolz said...

I "wood" have to say that I am more Woodsy than Motley. I sometimes wish I was more Motley, but SIGH I'm not.

All your owls are just so wonderful and precious. Love their looks and their colors.

Pam
klassyjoolz@yahoo.com

Off the Beadin' Path said...

That's a very thought-provoking question!! I know I'm a woodsy type, but that's a good thing, natural, earthy. But I like a good joke, not a dead mouse, though! The eyes really do "have" it on each and every owl you create!

cw whitedogjewelry said...

Each one of your owls has a character of its own. Whimsical and funky, serious and thoughtful, they are all so wonderful.
My choice....spiked hair on an ol' Woodsy owl. I have one to call my own and love him.
Great design!
Chris

Amy S. said...

Great owls!!! I think I'm definitely leaning more towards Woodsy! Great quote too! :)

B'sue said...

Anything Motley should be part of my crew! What a HOOT! XOXO B'sue

Roberta Warshaw said...

These are great! I love all the different expressions. You have been busy girl!

Shannon Chomanczuk said...

Motley all the way baby ;-)
Love the owls, so cute

Alice said...

So adorable! Each one has it's own personality. I'll bet you had fun making them.

I'm mostly woodsy with a bit of motley.

Unknown said...

Those owls are SO cute! I love how each one has it's own unique feature.
I'm a mix of Woodsy and Motley.

Kokopelli said...

I think I'm more the Woodsy Owl type, although I LOVE a good joke. I have two owls sitting on top of my bookshelf observing everything going on with the books.

jeanniek said...

I'm more of a mot-woodsy. I just love the painterly look of them and all the detail.

JenHoney said...

Motley all the way! I love how the tiniest adjustments give them all different "personalities".

Shai Williams said...

Oh definitely motley. Just looking at them is enough to put a smile on my face.

Rebecca said...

I love them both! Couldn't possibly pick between them, it would just be unfair!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin