05 July 2013

Understanding Color

Color is my day-long obsession, joy and torment.  ~Claude Monet

Today I have a review of the new book Understanding Color: Color Theory Made Easy by Brandi Hussey over on the Art Bead Scene blog. Please hop on over to read the full review!


Miss Brandi of BrandiGirlBlog has become a friend and a mentor to me the past few years. She is my color guru. You might remember that Miss Brandi was my partner last fall with the 3rd Annual Challenge of Color, creating 40 amazing palettes for us to use in creating our wearable works of art.Word on the street is that Miss Brandi will be back again in November to help me kick off the 4th Annual Challenge of Color. (And just a heads up... the 2nd Annual Challenge of Travel will be back on August 1st...get your creative passports ready!)

You can order a copy of this book by going to Miss Brandi's website. This is a reference that I know will see a lot of use in my own work because it is written in very approachable language and I think that it would work for any creative that has to use color in their work. Painters, interior designers, fashion stars, jewelry designers... everyone who works with color needs to know the reasons behind what choices work and why and this book is the best that I have ever found. Period.

Click the pictures below to order your copy today!



 I am also participating in Miss Brandi's Color Challenge.

I need some reason to pull out the art beads that I am hoarding and I find that doing a challenge like this is a perfect excuse. So I have a tray and I am pulling out beads and focals to go with all six of the palettes and from there I will see what inspires me most and what I have time to complete between baseball tournament games out of town this weekend.

The deadline to enter the color challenge is coming up on Wednesday, July 10th.Won't you join me? I will reveal what I made and I would love to see what you create!


3 comments:

Alice said...

Ohhh, I can't wait for both challenges! I need some motivation!

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

I would be pleased to play with the colours again, Erin!

Dawn Doucette said...

Erin, I love color and I've always enjoyed your color challenges... they make us think outside of the box. Using all the crayons (although I must admit my yellow is still sharper than the rest due to lack of use). But alas, painting the world with color spreads happiness! I can't wait to see what you have created!
xo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin