10 April 2014

30 Words :: Take the Wheel


Cal in the Bucky-Mobile with his Mima, 1999

In the blink of an eye
you went from
my baby boy
to a handsome 
young man
ready to
take the wheel 
and navigate
life
down
your own
winding road.

Cal and Sydney, Homecoming 2013
My baby boy turned 16 a few weeks ago. This Friday he takes his driver's test. He is a good driver and I have great confidence in him. And I am starting to be ready to let him navigate his own adventure while still having a port to call home. He is definitely going places, I am sure of that. And I am enjoying the ride...literally and figuratively!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




The premise of 30 Words Thursdays is simple...







Take an image (preferably one you shot, or have permission to use).




Write 30 Words about it. No more. No less.




Post it each Thursday.




Add your link to the InLinkz on my 30 Words Thursday post.
(InLinkz code will be open for one week.) Enjoy seeing what others have captured by visiting them and leaving a comment.




 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Grab the code for your own blog!


7 comments:

Todd said...

Wishing you and Cal the best of luck in this new stage of life!! Remind him often to be safe and wear his seatbelt!!

Alice said...

Aww what a darling photo. They do grow up so fast don't they. I know you must be a proud mama.

And looking at the links I just realized my husband and I posted about the same thing....our daughter.

Sarajo Wentling said...

It's crazy how fast they grow up! Good luck to both of you as you navigate this new stage.

Caron Michelle said...

My boy just turned 17 so I can relate to your post! What a handsome young man - and you are such a wonderful mum! Loved this post!

Dawn Doucette said...

So sweet, what a tribute Erin! Good luck with the driving and here's to many more decades of amazing memories!

Marcie Abney Carroll said...

Oh my gosh! I can't even think about mine turning 16! Such a sweet memory of your little boy!

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

sweet! I think your kida are GREAT! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin