14 August 2014

30 Words :: My One Wish


She always brought me
gladiolas
from the farmer's market 
on my birthday.
This year
I bought glads
for myself. 
My one wish
is that she would
know me and 
r  e  m  e  m  b  e  r



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The premise of 30 Words Thursdays is simple...
Take an image (preferably one you shot, or have permission to use).
Write 30 Words about it. No more. No less.
Post it each Thursday.
Add your link to the InLinkz on my 30 Words Thursday post.
(InLinkz code will be open for one week.)
Enjoy seeing what others have captured by visiting them and leaving a comment.
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Get the InLinkz code for your blog!

11 comments:

Alice said...

So sad that she does not remember. I wonder when we will find a cure.

Sarajo Wentling said...

Big hugs to you Miss Erin! I can't imagine how hard this is for you and your family... She may not remember you but I know YOU have so many memories of her to cherish forever.

Drtanglebones said...

I knew I shouldn't have read this at work...now my red eyes will probably freak out my patients. Thank you for sharing your life with us.

Ema Kilroy said...

Oh Erin, I want to send a (((big hug)) to you. My family has had it's medical challenges but this disease is something I can't imagine dealing with. My wish for you is that you and your family find the strength and support you need to traverse this time in your life. Lots of love.

Lisa Peters Russ said...

HUGS HUGS and MORE HUGS!

Holly said...

Oh, Erin, your heartache is palpable. And I'm so sorry for you. There are many physical ailments that are horrific and terrible...but one that takes away the memories of those who mean the most must be among the worst.

Ann Schroeder said...

I'm so sorry, but I'm glad you bought the flowers for yourself.

Caron Michelle said...

So poignantly beautiful - from one that totally empathises xxx

Anonymous said...

Even though my mum's mother died more than 15 years ago, my mum buys herself a birthday present from Nan every year, something special that she really wants. I think it's a lovely thing to buy yourself some flowers to remember your Mom's birthday treat. XX

Heather Powers said...

Oh my dear friend, my heart aches for you Erin. Sending thoughts of love and peace during this hard time.

CraftyHope said...

My heart goes out to you. I can't even imagine what you're going through, but please know you're in my thoughts.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin