04 December 2014

30 Words :: On Camera



What is worse...
my rumpled hair or looking like a blueberry?
What felt good...
being at ease on camera,
taking risks, and liking it.
What is best...
filming another episode! 

Why doesn't anyone tell you that your hair looked like you slept on it in a wind tunnel?
Or that this color makes you look like Violet Beauregard from Willy Wonka?
More importantly...Why didn't they let me know that the episode 2109 that I was on (this is only half of it) was aired on October 9th?!
Back in July I was flown out to Cleveland, Ohio to the television studio that produces the Beads, Baubles & Jewels show. I had no idea what to expect. I could bring whatever project that I wanted. I remember meeting so many wonderful people, rock stars in the industry, all there to film and promote their products and books and tools. I remember feeling way out of my league. But I also remember the unending kindness of the host, Miss Katie Hacker, and the feeling of inclusion that all these wonderful guests extended to unseasoned little me. 

And I must have done okay... because they have asked me to fly back this coming Monday for another taping. This time it will be beading with friends, and I know that it will be fun!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The premise of 30 Words Thursdays is simple...
Take an image (preferably one you shot, or have permission to use).
Write 30 Words about it. No more. No less.
Post it each Thursday.
Add your link to the InLinkz on my 30 Words Thursday post.
 (InLinkz code will be open for one week.)
Enjoy seeing what others have captured by visiting them and leaving a comment.




 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Get the InLinkz code for your blog!

You will need to sign up for a FREE account at InLinkz in order to grab the code to place on your blog. This is a new protection against spam usage of the InLinkz code. It will only take a minute the first time and then you can add it whenever we have the hop. 



12 comments:

Alice said...

You are beautiful! Im never at ease having my picture taken and try to be behind the camera taking the photos.

Roxanne Mendoza said...

Congrats Miss Erin! So happy for your success! :)

Drtanglebones said...

Very cool! And like the obscure Willy Wonka reference...

Sarajo Wentling said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you!

Jenn said...

Erin, we are always so much more critical of ourselves. But, I didn't see messy hair or a giant blueberry, I saw an articulate, artistic woman sharing her insights about how to create beautiful jewelry.

Unknown said...

You are an inspiration Ms Erin!

Jami aka DaMamaShipp said...

How exciting! Such a wonderful opportunity and adventure ahead. I would be happy to be of any assistance if ever needed along the way.

Cyndi J said...

So cool to see and listen to you! That's so fantastic that they picked you for a segment. And a follow up segment! Next time tell them you want a personal stylist! Or at least a brush and a mirror! A couple of decades ago I went on a date wearing pink pants, pink tank, and a pink blouse. I looked like cotton candy! Not so bad being a blueberry.

Cassi said...

This is great! First, of course, I gained a lot of information from the video, but it's also so cool to see and hear someone who designs such gorgeous wearable art :-)

Unknown said...

You look wonderful, and what a great (partial) episode. I rarely have any plan for color when I design if it doesn't stem from a challenge, and you've given some wonderful tips here. Thank you. Also, what fun to see your sari snapshot necklace in action! I loved it on your blog and it was fun to see it worn.

CraftyHope said...

I think you look lovely and your presentation was flawless!!

Lorelei Eurto said...

Fantastic job!! And so informative! I shared this on FB and in the Turn the Bead Around group!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin