09 April 2015

30 Words :: He is Risen, Indeed!



A tradition dating back
32+ years,
Living Stations
tell the
Passion of Christ
dramatically, reverently, prayerfully.
From Veronica wiping His face,
to His triumph over death.
He is Risen, Indeed!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last week Thursday, my daughter (playing Veronica) was part of the 8th grade presentation of the Living Stations of the Cross. This tradition has been going on since I was in the 8th grade more than 32 years ago (and likely for some time before that!). I am pretty sure that I was one of the weeping women on the path. I can remember wearing a blue shawl. They did such a great job proclaiming the story through their actions. 

Although they could have raised the basketball hoop above the stage for the dramatic ending. ;-)
 
We had a very blessed Easter celebration weekend that culminated in the Hintz Family Easter graze-a-thon at my house. And then....the Flu hit, with a capitol F. It seems that my 1 1/2 year old grand-nephew who came with his grandparents (while his parents were home sick with the flu) was a little bug bomb that took out a total of 13+ people at two different family parties that day. I have remained a lucky one, but spent the better part of this week nursing my family back to some semblance of living. Blergh. 
Wishing you the Blessings of the Easter Season!



 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~   
The premise of 30 Words Thursdays is simple...
Take an image (preferably one you shot, or have permission to use).
Write 30 Words about it. No more. No less.

Post it each Thursday.

Add your link to the InLinkz on my 30 Words Thursday post.
 

(InLinkz code will be open for one week.) 

Enjoy seeing the verse and vision others have captured by visiting them and leaving a comment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Get the InLinkz code for your blog!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin